Thrifty Vegan

Rebecca C. Brown discusses food, funds, and fun. And she might, like, ramble about other stuff too. Whatever.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Little Money, Less Meat: The Thrifty Vegan Introduction

I have been a vegan for eight years. I have been aware of the piddly nature of my income for a few months. Luckily, this combination of restrictions, one voluntary, the other imposed by my lack of marketable skills, has forced me to adopt home cooking as my favorite hobby. (Note that home-cooking is not my new favorite hobby; homes are not fun to cook.)

Far be it from me to deprive the public of the culinary tips and delicious vegan recipes I acquire while hard at work in my kitchen. Thus, welcome to The Thrifty Vegan, Rebecca C. Brown's guide to living a tasty life of self-deprivation.

I might also accidentally tell you about my personal life or rant about political injustice in between posts about the merits of Tofutti cheese cakes and the importance of using an oven thermometer. (Seriously, you really need an oven thermometer.)

Happy reading and eating!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home